CT Department of Public Health (CT DPH) Forms & Checklists
- All laboratories in Connecticut that work with known infectious agents (Risk Group 2 or above) need to register with CT DPH. For an overview of the CT DPH registration process you can contact the BSO. The process has changed somewhat recently.
- You can get the same checklist that the State Inspector uses to inspect your lab from the BSO to prepare for the inspection. You don’t need to fill it out.
- If you’re working at BSL-2 with animals (ABSL-2), you can have the same checklist (PDF) the State Inspector uses to inspect this kind of laboratory.
- A few things are supposed to be posted in the lab. One is a procedure for cleaning up a spill of biological materials. This is a generic procedure (PDF) for a spill outside the biosafety cabinet on the resources page in the side bar on the left. The other is the Eyewash Log for weekly eyewash station testing.
- For training documents applicable to laboratories with a CT DPH registration you can contact the BSO.
- Please document all training (Word doc) that is completed within the laboratory or from this website.
Return to the Biosafety Main Page