ANNUAL DISCLOSURE IN COI-SMART
- Step 1: You will receive an e-mail invitation to complete a disclosure in COI-SMART. The sender is UConn Health Annual Financial Disclosure in Research. Instructions for how to log-in (and a link to the system) are included in the e-mail invitation.
- Step 2: Log-in to COI-SMART. Your username and password are NOT your university credentials. Your user-name is your e-mail account (If you log-in using the link on the invitation, you will not need to type it). You must create a password the first time you log-in (be sure to follow the password characteristic requirements).
- Step 3: On the welcome screen after you log-in, answer “YES” to the question about involvement in research.
- Step 4: Proceed with answering the questionnaire.
IRB SUBMISSIONS (initial, continuation, or modification to add new personnel)
- Step 1: Complete the required IRB Project-Specific SFI Review Form
- Fill out the top of the form with study details and information on the contact person.
- List all study personnel names in the table. (Tips: The table begins on page 3 of the IRB form. For any non-UConn Health people, indicate their institutional affiliation. If any medical or dental students are listed, indicate their status as a student.)
- Solicit and obtain project-specific SFI disclosures from each listed individual. (Tip: On page 3 of the IRB form, there is template language that may be used to solicit this information through e-mail communication or hard copy.)
- Update the table to indicate the SFI status (Yes or No) of each individual listed, based on their response. (Reminder: The individual responses from study personnel should be maintained in the project’s regulatory binder).
- Step 2: Submit the completed form to FCOI staff in OVPR
- E-mail the completed table to FCOI staff for review and sign-off. (Tip: Provide the document in Word format. Do NOT submit individuals’ responses.)
- FCOI staff will return a signed copy of the form, and if applicable the management plan, to the designated contact person.
- Step 3: Submit the form to IRB
- Provide IRB with the signed form as part of the IRB submission packet. (Reminder: Do not submit the individual responses form study personnel to IRB or FCOI staff; those should be maintained in the project’s regulatory binder).
- For “Yes” responses, provide the IRB a copy of any management plan developed by the Conflict of Interest in Research Management Committee, if applicable. The IRB may request additional information, if necessary.