If you have specific educational needs, please contact Mayra Cagganello, the Education and Development Specialist, within the Human Subjects Protection Program. (email@example.com, 860-679-8802)
Educational Sessions for Research Personnel
- The Human Subjects Protection Office is offering a one hour educational session every Friday afternoon for study coordinators and investigators who plan to conduct Human Subjects Research at UConn Health. The training provides an overview of the research proposal submission and maintenance process. The sessions are held from 3 to 4 p.m. Registration is required. Interested staff should e-mail Mayra Cagganello at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a session.
- Students, residents and faculty serving as Mentors/Principal Investigators who are in need of guidance in preparing IRB submissions are encouraged to request assistance from the Human Subjects Protection Office’s Education & Development Specialist. Sessions are available Friday afternoons from 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM. Registration is required. Interested staff should e-mail Mayra Cagganello at email@example.com.
- IRIS Training Manuals are available with the Help section of IRIS
- Training Classes on IRIS are offered. Register with Mayra Cagganello
- Tutorial are available as follows:
- HSPP/IRB Webcast Catalog of Educational Sessions
(starting March 2010, click here to see if you have the required plug in
- Study Start Up Educational Sessions, call 860-679-8802 or 860-679-7555 to schedule
- Brown Bag Lunch Series, call 860-679-8802 or 860-679-7555 to register or with ideas, suggestions
- Tutorial Privacy vs. Confidentiality (PowerPoint, developed by Joan Seiber)
- Teaching the Responsible Conduct of Research in Humans
Dr. Stanley Korenman in collaboration with the HHS Office of Research Integrity
Educational Sessions for IRB Members:
- Contact Mayra Cagganello (860-679-8802) to request training in IRIS or to request training on the IRB review process.
On line Educational Resources: