The Office of the Vice President for Research has rolled out a new web-based product called Topaz Elements which replaces Topaz Enterprise and Granite used by the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) and the Center for Comparative Medicine. Topaz Elements is a suite of web-based electronic research administration software that spans both the animal compliance (creating protocols) and animal operations (ordering, tracking, billing) areas. We went live with the new system on June 9, 2016.
Topaz Elements is now available to the larger UConn Health community at https://uconnprod.topazti.net/UCElements/. Citrix is no longer needed. You may use Microsoft Internet Explorer 11, Firefox Extended Service Release (ESR) 45+, Firefox general release 45.0-51.0, or the latest version of Safari, to access the site. Topaz Elements is not compatible with Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Firefox general release version 52+. Use your UConn Health domain name account username and password to login. If you experience technical difficulties, contact the Office of the Vice President for Research eRA Help Desk at email@example.com or 860-486-7944. See our Topaz Elements FAQs for additional details.
The eRA Help Desk in the Office of the Vice President for Research will provide application level support for Topaz Element users, including but not limited to user account requests and technical support. The eRA Help Desk can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-486-7944. Requests for access to Topaz Elements will continue to be initiated through the UConn Health User Access Request process at http://uar.uchc.edu (hyperlink restricted to UConn Health on-campus or vpn access only). Topaz Elements users must have a UConn Health domain name username and password plus application access to Topaz Elements.
New System Highlights
- Streamlined user access via Web. Citrix is no longer be needed to access Topaz which may result in improvements to performance and speed with accessing the system and a better user interface with the elimination of a browser in a browser access model.
- Users access Topaz Elements by entering their UConn Health domain username and password at https://uconnprod.topazti.net/UCElements/. This is the same username/password used to login to your computer and access the UConn Health computer network. A separate username and password will no longer need to be remembered.
- You will login in to one system, rather than two, for viewing/creating protocols, placing animal orders, and reviewing animal related invoices and charges.
- Access Topaz Elements from wherever you have Internet access — at home, in the office, or while traveling.
- On the compliance side, users will have access to the latest Topaz Elements software features however, there are no significant changes to the animal protocol submission and approval processes. If you are familiar with Topaz Enterprise, you should be able to use Topaz Elements.
- A new Animal Order form will be used that has a different appearance, however the same information will be required for placing animal orders. There are no significant animal order process changes, except that users will have separate entries for male, female and either genders to chose from when placing orders. Also, future cage cards are no longer ordered through Topaz, but instead are requested via the Future Cage Card Request form on the secure CCM website.
- A new cage card with tear off barcode will be used.
- For billing, principal investigators and financial/administrative staff will now we able to access the system directly to review bills and invoices as soon as they are generated using the My Bills dashboard.