The following quick reference and other how-to instructional guides are available to assist researchers with using the Topaz Elements system interface. The instructions are organized by module. All guides are in Adobe PDF format and may be save or printed. Printing in color is recommended.
Topaz Elements Portal
- Login to and Logout of Topaz Elements
- Create and Apply Filters
- Request Topaz Elements Access
- Use My Dashboards
- Optimize Safari Browser Preferences (Mac Users Only; revised 7/11/16)
Animal Protocol Development System Instructions – For Researchers
Includes tips and step by step how to instructions for logging in, creating new animal protocols, reviewing protocol steps/statuses, revising protocols returned for modifications, viewing protocols, creating modifications or amendments to protocols, creating annual reviews, and creating and submitting 3-year renewals of protocols. 27 pages.
- Create an Initial Animal Care and Use Protocol
- Revise Animal Protocols Returned for Modifications after IACUC Review
- Create a Modification/Amendment to an Approved Animal Protocol
- View Approved Animal Protocols
- Create and Submit an Annual (Interim) Review for an Animal Protocol
- Create and Submit a Three-Year Renewal
Information on Filling out the UConn Health IACUC Protocol Forms – For Researchers
A supplemental or companion document which goes through the IACUC protocol form section by section and question by question. Also includes information on safety protocols. 39 pages.
Electronic Protocol Reviews and Electronic Meeting Instructions – For IACUC Committee Members
Step by step instructions for IACUC Members to complete reviews or various types and prepare for IACUC meetings. 36 pages.
Animal Bills & Invoices