When Research Finance has set up a new award that has a subaward component, the Department will receive an email with the account number. The Department will then:
1. Submit a requisition in HuskyBuy.
- If the vendor (Subrecipient) is not available in KFS, obtain a completed and signed Form W-9 from the vendor and create the new vendor through HuskyBuy. When you submit the Subaward Agreement, notify Research Finance that you have initiated the new vendor setup.
- Proper account codes to use on the requisition
- 78501 – Grants Federal Subcontracts under $25,000
- 78502 – Grants Federal Subcontracts over $25,000
- 78503 – Grants Subcontracts with indirect costs (IDC)
- 78504 – Grants Subcontracts with no indirect copsts (IDC)
2. Attach the UConn Research Subaward Agreement.
a. Enter the following information in these fields on page 1:
- Prime Award No.
- Awarding Agency
- Subrecipient Name
- Subrecipient Contact Name
- Subrecipient Contact Email Address
- Amount Funded This Action
- Est. Total (if incrementally funded)
- Subaward Period of Performance dates
- Estimated Project Period dates (if incrementally funded)
- Project Title
- Scope of Work and Budget
Please note: Research Finance will fill in the Subaward No. using the PO number generated in HuskyBuy.
4. Research Finance will confirm receipt and send the Department a final draft to review before sending the Subaward Agreement out for Subrecipient signature.
Amendments will be used to make any necessary changes to the Agreement. Amendments will also now be used instead of Release of Funds letters to notify Subrecipients that funding for subsequent years of a project is available. Research Finance will draft and send the Amendment to the Subrecipient and encumber the funds in HuskyBuy by amending the PO.
Please email Amendment requests to Sunita Singa (email@example.com )and provide any necessary information such as funding amount and budget period.