The University of Connecticut is committed to the highest standards of integrity in fulfilling its mission to expand human knowledge and benefit society through research. All research activities undertaken by faculty, staff, and students at UConn will be conducted in accordance with strict ethical principles and in compliance with federal, state, and institutional regulations and policies. Research Compliance Services (RCS) reports to the Vice President for Research. RCS is responsible for providing support and training to faculty, students and staff in order to meet these requirements and maintain a robust research compliance program at UConn.
RCS works with the faculty oversight committees to promote the ethical and responsible conduct of research and to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements relating to research including:
- Clinical and Translational Research Trials
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Export Control
- Financial Conflict of Interest (FCOI) in Research
- Human Subject Protections/Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC)
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
- Research Misconduct and Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR)
- Stem Cell Research Oversight Committee (SCRO)
We are here to help! You can contact any of my team members by visiting our Contacts page. You can also contact me directly and I’d be happy to assist you.