Financial Conflict of Interest (FCOI) staff are available to assist the UConn Health research community in understanding and complying with institutional requirements related to conflict of interest in research.
What are my responsibilities as an investigator?
- Understand the UConn Health policy on financial conflicts of interest in research and know the definition of Significant Financial Interest (SFI) and how it applies to you. Click here to review the policy.
- Promptly and fully disclose any Significant Financial Interest (including those of a spouse or dependent child) that reasonably relates to your institutional responsibilities and, if applicable, comply with financial conflict of interest management or mitigation plans.
- Submit a financial disclosure annually.
- Attend to your on-going responsibility to disclose, within thirty (30) days, any newly acquired or discovered SFIs. (Your disclosure must be updated when this occurs).
- Submittal of the disclosure also satisfies the training requirement as required under federal regulations and UConn Health policy.
- Investigators, coordinators, and persons obtaining consent must also disclose any project-specific SFIs pursuant to UConn Health Human Subject Protection Program (HSPP) policies.
NEW IN 2018: The Office of the Vice President for Research, Research Compliance Services, is transitioning the annual financial disclosure electronic submission process to a new vendor platform, InfoEd Financial Interests (FCOI). An announcement will be circulated in the near future when the new InfoEd FCOI system is available. Individuals at UConn Health who are subject to the Individual, Clinical, and/or Institutional policies, which require Investigators, Clinical Practitioners, and certain identified Institutional/Covered Officials to disclose significant financial interests (SFIs) related to their institutional responsibilities will need to use the new InfoEd FCOI system for financial disclosures once it becomes available. In the meantime, if an individual needs to submit or update a financial disclosure prior to the launch of InfoEd FCOI, please contact Gus Fernandez-Wolff (firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-679-8125) or email@example.com. Look for an announcement soon regarding the launch of the 2018 financial disclosure season and InfoEd FCOI!