The Financial Conflict of Interest in Research program supports the UConn Health research community with understanding and complying with University requirements related to financial conflicts of interest (FCOIs) in research.
Who is an Investigator?
- Investigator means the project director or Principal Investigator (PI) and any other person, regardless of title or position, who is responsible for the design, conduct, or reporting of research (regardless of sponsor or funding source), which may include, for example, collaborators or consultants.
What are my responsibilities as a UConn Health investigator?
- Review and be knowledgeable of the UConn Health policy on financial conflicts of interest in research, including the definition of Significant Financial Interest (SFI) and how it applies to you.
- Promptly and fully disclose all SFIs, including those of a spouse or dependent child, that reasonably relate to your institutional responsibilities; and, if applicable, comply with FCOI management or mitigation plans.
- Submit a financial disclosure in the UConn Health InfoEd Financial Interests [FCOI] system: https://uchealth.infoed.uconn.edu/WebPortal/Main.asp?Mode=COIUserSearch.
- Within 30 days of acquiring or discovering a new SFI
- Investigators on PHS awards or other sponsored projects requiring adherence to PHS FCOI regulations: Within 30 days of any reimbursed or sponsored travel
- Understand that completion and submission of the financial disclosure form also satisfies the FCOI training requirement, as required under federal regulations and UConn Health policy.
- Investigators, coordinators, and persons obtaining consent must also disclose any project-specific SFIs pursuant to UConn Health Human Subject Protection Program (HSPP) policies.
What other resources are available to help investigators?
- Contact our team members by visiting the FCOI contacts page or e-mailing the FCOI mailbox: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Review step-by-step instructions on how to submit an electronic financial disclosure: How-to Guides and Materials.
- For Faculty, Staff, and Students who are affiliated with a Company, review the guideline document