The Individual Financial Conflict of Interest in Research policy (Policy #2006-01) requires submission of an annual financial disclosure and revision to the disclosure throughout the year within 30-days of the acquisition or discovery of a new Significant Financial Interest (SFI). The process for compliance with that policy is as follows:
- Step 1: You will receive an e-mail invitation to complete a disclosure in COI-SMART. The sender is UConn Health Annual Financial Disclosure in Research. Instructions for how to log-in (and a link to the system) are included in the e-mail invitation.
- Step 2: Log-in to COI-SMART. Your username and password are NOT your university credentials. Your user-name is your e-mail account (If you log-in using the link on the invitation, you will not need to type it). You must create a password the first time you log-in (be sure to follow the password characteristic requirements).
- Step 3: On the welcome screen after you log-in, answer “YES” to the question about involvement in research.
- Step 4: Proceed with answering the questionnaire.
- For questions or guidance regarding the annual financial disclosure submission process, contact Gus Fernandez-Wolff (email@example.com or 860-679-8125) or Kristen Tremblay (firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-679-3276).
IRB PROJECT-SPECIFIC DISCLOSURE
- The Human Subjects Protection Program (HSPP) policy (Policy #2011-012.0) for Financial Conflict of Interest-Research Personnel has an accompanying form available on the IRB forms website: Significant Financial Interests of Study Personnel
- After reviewing the instructions on the form, if additional guidance is needed regarding the IRB submission process as relates to the form, contact HSPP Educational Specialist Mayra Cagganello (email@example.com or 860-679-8802) for guidance.