The Health Center Research Advisory Council (HCRAC) advises the Vice President for Research and the Research Deans on the development, management and disposition of the Health Center’s central research resources and intramural grants programs.
HCRAC’s purpose is to:
- Develop an annual budget for support of institutional core research facilities, graduate student support, and intramural grants programs.
- Make recommendations on general programs, policies and procedures designed to improve the Health Center’s research infrastructure.
- Establish policies governing, and oversee the operation of, the central research service facilities at the Health Center.
- Approve the recommendations of various review panels regarding the distribution of budgeted funds to support faculty research and instrumentation grants.
- Serve as a resource which can be called upon for advice on the distribution of unrestricted gifts received by the Health Center for general research support and other matters relating to research.