When there are limitations or restrictions on the number of applications that can be submitted by an institution, the following general internal screening process will take place. Joint review may be required between UConn and UConn Health Center.
A Notification of Intent to Submit (On OVPR-Storrs site) should be completed for:
- Announced or Scheduled Internal Competitions Advance notification of intent to submit a pre-proposal enables us to expedite the screening process, allowing ample time for the selected proposal(s) to be fully developed for submission to the sponsor.
- New, unscheduled or other programs that limit or restrict the number of applications that can be submitted by an entity When a limited submission opportunity is brought to our attention, an inquiry will be announced to determine whether it will be necessary to conduct an internal screening. If necessary, an internal competition will be further announced.
If notification of intent to submit is received for fewer than the limited number of submissions, an internal competition may not be announced.
Please note that if there is insufficient time for an internal competition to take place, an administrative decision may be made regarding which, if any, proposal(s) should be submitted.
If an internal competition is scheduled or announced, pre-proposals will be submitted to email@example.com in electronic format as ONE .pdf document and will include:
1. Cover page, to include:
- Name of program
- Title of project
Complete contact information of submitter(s)
2. Maximum three-page summary describing the project and demonstrating how it will:
- Fulfill the program/solicitation criteria
- Contribute to meeting the research and educational goals of the institution.
3. Maximum two-page budget (if applicable) and budget justification, or summary of costs, including cost sharing commitment required in the solicitation. If a cost sharing commitment is required by the Sponsor, a letter of support is required from the Dean/Department Head as to how this commitment will potentially be achieved.
4. Maximum two-page list of investigators, summarizing credentials and role in the project.
5. Optional maximum two-page attachment containing any additional relevant information. For example, if a proposal is a resubmission, a summary of available comments/reviews can be attached
Please adhere to these guidelines. Pre-proposals not submitted according to these guidelines will be returned. Pre-proposals will be reviewed by an internal screening committee with respect to the announced program eligibility and criteria. Reviewers may, or may not, return comments. Principal Investigators will be notified of approval to submit.
If you wish to participate as a reviewer for an internal screening, please complete the Reviewer form from OVPR-Storrs website.
Final proposals are due to Sponsored Program Services a minimum of 5 working days prior to the sponsor’s deadline for final review prior to submission.