SPS requests that every effort is made to submit your proposal to our office no less than 3-5 business days prior to the agency deadline. This allows SPS to review the proposal thoroughly and identify problems that need to be addressed, as well as allow you ample time to finalize the proposal.
All proposals must be routed through SPS for review and approval prior to submitting to the sponsor to ensure compliance with University, Federal, State, and Sponsor policies and procedures. Pre-proposals that require electronic submission by SPS, the signature of an authorized official or cost share must also be routed through SPS. The routing process is not completed until the authorized official in SPS has signed the proposal.
Submissions made prior to approval from SPS are not officially approved and may be administratively withdrawn if the submission is found to be non-compliant with University or agency requirements. If you have submitted a proposal without SPS review, please notify us immediately so we can work with you to route your proposal for the necessary approvals.
Proposal Submission Requirements
The following should be submitted to SPS 3-5 business days prior to the sponsor deadline:
- Completed routing form
- Proposal Guidelines from Sponsoring Agency
- Any forms requiring OVPR/SPS (institutional) signature
- Draft Proposal Narrative
- Preliminary Budget and Budget Justification
- Cost Sharing Details and Approvals, if applicable
- Approved Scope of Work, Budget, Budget Justification and Signed Subrecipient Checklist/Consortium Statement for all subcontractors.
- Draft electronic application, if applicable (Final applications should be submitted to SPS by noon the day prior to the sponsor deadline)
For budget review prior to submission of the items listed above, please forward the routing form, program guidelines, budget and budget justification to email@example.com.